At Fundamentals of Biblical Counseling you will be provided with 30 hours of quality classroom instruction. "Fundamentals" is intended to equip you with tools that will allow you to more effectively counsel the people God brings into your life, both in informal and formal counseling settings.
This training will take place over three weekends, with time in between the weekends to allow you to absorb and begin to implement what you have learned.
Each session will be taught by an experienced biblical counselor who is passionate not only about counseling, but also about equipping others to become effective counselors.
Topics Covered in "Fundamentals"
- Basics of Biblical Counseling
- Key Elements in Biblical Counseling
- Husband and Wife Relationships
- Parent and Child Relationships
- Frequent Issues in Counseling (Guilt, forgiveness, fear, worry, anger, depression, sexual sin,....etc.)
- Medical Issues in Counseling
- Critical Evaluation of Various Counseling Theories
- Case Studies
Michiana Biblical Counseling Center is a certified ACBC Counselor Training Center. This training satisfies the classroom training requirements for those who are pursuing certification as counselors by the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
The 30 hours of "Fundamentals" training will take place over the following three weekends:
- Friday & Saturday, September 24-25
- Friday & Saturday, October 22-23
- Friday & Saturday, November 12-13
The schedule for all three weekends will be Friday, 6:30-9 PM and Saturday, 8 AM - 3:30 PM. Minimal work is required outside of the classroom.
Cost of Training
- $200 regular rate
- $150 partner church rate*
- $140 student rate (High School/ College)
*A discounted rate is available to those who attend MBCC Partner Churches. Those churches are McCoy Memorial, First Baptist - Elkhart, Wakarusa Missionary, Bremen Missionary, Chapel Hill Missionary, Prairieview Missionary, and Osceola Grace Brethren.
53953 CR 17, Bristol, IN 46507